The Practical React Developer: Learn By Doing Not-So-Mini-Series
Jan 27, 2019 · 1 minute read
The best way to learn is hands on.
This not-so-mini-series will teach you all the basics of building a React Web application through hands-on practical exposure.
This tutorial will teach you, hands-on, all the best and most commonly used features of React and the tooling around it.
See a preview of the finished website;
What is included in this mini series?
- What is React, and why use it?
- How to set up your development environment for success
- Get started quickly with React using CodeSandbox
- How to export your React project from CodeSandbox to your desktop with Parcel.js
- How to add routing to a React app using @reach/router
- Build a complete property listings page with React.js
- Add advanced filtering to a React app using React Context API
- Adding the finishing touches to ‘Property Finder’
Just want the finished code? Everything is, of course, free and open source (under the MIT license), and you can find it on GitHub.
Related PostsEdit this page on GitHub
About the author
I am Jon Preece, an experienced full stack website and software developer from Warrington (UK) currently working in and around Manchester (UK).
Throughout my 10+ year professional career I have worked in many sectors, including; e-commerce, financial services, marketing, healthcare, travel and accountancy.
I love to teach, I love to learn and share my knowledge with others, I love to speak at public events.